1. Ramakrishna Mission Vidyapith, Deoghar, Jharkhand, established in 1922 is primarily an Ashrama centre of the Ramakrishna Mission. It is trying to implement the Man Making, Character Building educational philosophy of Swami Vivekananda. The School is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi and runs a purely residential English medium senior secondary section for boys only. Any guardian having faith in the educational ideas of Swami Vivekananda and the ideology of the Ramakrishna Mission may apply for his ward's admission. Boys from all sections of society, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, nationality are welcome. .
3. Payment : The Prospectus and Application Forms are available from Vidyapith Book-sales counter from 1st February 2013, from 09.00 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. against a fee of Rs. 450/-. Application forms are also available by registered post remitting a sum of Rs. 500/- by Demand Draft on any bank payable at Deoghar in favour of Ramakrishna Mission Vidyapith, Deoghar. Cheques/Money Orders or Bank transfer are not accepted.
a) Last date of availability of Application Forms: 23rd March~2013.
b) The duly filled in forms may be deposited by hand at the Vidyapith Central Office during the abovementioned hours, or sent by registered post so as to reach us latest by 30th March 2013. The guardians are requested to submit the duly filled forms at the earliest, in order to facilitate timely processing of the same and issue of Admit Cards.
5. Admit Card : If the admit card does not reach you latest by 10th April, 2013 you may make the necessary enquiries at 06432-222413/236854 or at email@example.com.
6. Cancellation : Selection will be cancelled for any anomaly in the application form (including the health report). Suppression of facts may lead to the removal of the boy at any time even after admission is granted and in such instances of breach of trust, fees deposited shall be forfeited.
a) The admission test will be conducted in two phases - Screening and Final. The screening result will be declared within 15 days of the test. Only the boys qualifying at the Screening Test will be called to Deoghar for the Final Test sometime in May, 2013. Results of candidates not selected for and after the final test will not be communicated to guardians of the boys.
b) The screening test will be of 2 hours’ duration, including seating, verification, written exam and collection of answer scripts etc. Candidates will enter the exam venues with admit cards and ball point pens at the time mentioned in the admit cards. The subjects for the test:
8. Final Interview/Medical Test : On the basis of a candidate's performance in the screening test, he will be invited for final round comprising of a short written test & viva voce and medical test etc. in May 2013. Subject for the short written test will be as follows:
Guardians will please note that while selecting candidates finally for admission, care is taken that cultural harmony and spirit of National Integration along with academic excellence are kept up. New boys will join sometime at the first half of June, 2013.
Guardians are expected to accompany their wards during the final test. They will be required to submit duly attested photocopies of documents including valid caste certificate (for ST/SC/OBC). The original documents also should be produced at the time of interview.
Boys will be tested mainly for their general intelligence, expression and personality. Selected candidates will be informed by both ordinary and registered posts within a month of the final test.
Sample question papers are not supplied. CBSE syllabus (Class-X) is strictly followed.
10. Other information : There is no provision for accommodation in the Vidyapith at the time of admission test. We have no direct or indirect connection with any tutor or tutorial home regarding admission. Guardians are cautioned against mushrooming growth of schools/tutorial homes in the name of Sri Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda. We do not encourage association of the candidates with any such coaching Institute formally or informally. The Ramakrishna Mission does not have any other residential school in Jharkhand & Bihar.
a) Professional coaching centers (presently OASIS Educational Services Private Limited, New Delhi) are tied up with Ramakrishna Mission Vidypith, Deoghar, to provide tailor-made classroom coaching for engineering (IIT and AIEEE) and medical (AIIMS, CBSE PMT etc.) entrance examinations. To provide sufficient number of study hours for these coaching classes, the regular vacations (Summer, Durga Puja & Winter vacations) may have to be availed. Accordingly attending students shall have to be present at Vidyapith or go to New Delhi during those vacations at their own expenses.
b) Fees-structure: The fees structure of coaching institution is extra and totally controlled by the coaching institution and in no way connected to the fees etc. of Vidyapith.
c) All correspondence regarding coaching are carried out electronically through email. Hence guardians must provide valid email id.